More than three million people are employed in the retail industry in the UK. Every one of those individuals must be protected from the risk of asbestos.
We know that retail brings with it specific challenges that can complicate asbestos management, not least the fact that the workforce is often made up of short-term and part-time workers.
We understand that this can make maintaining a consistent level of compliance and awareness particularly difficult. We also know other compliance challenges include the:
- presence of staff, contractors and the public on a daily basis
- the need to carry out work while preserving the cosmetic face of the store
- periodic refurbishments connected to seasonal initiatives and sales campaigns
- frequent existence of asbestos-containing materials in ceiling voids above the trading area
- balance required between maintaining retail space and providing adequate time and space for maintenance or removal activities
We have worked with many well-known high street retailers and brands to help them manage their asbestos responsibilities. We have developed training specifically aimed at the retail sector to ensure all employees have the awareness, knowledge and competence they need.
We’ll work closely with you to ensure maximum protection with minimum disruption to your day-to-day business.