Concerns have been raised for Grenfell Tower emergency workers and survivors, especially children, who may have been exposed to toxic fumes and asbestos.
Dr Fiona Wilcox called on the NHS to set up a screening programme for those who were exposed to smoke and dust during and after the fire.
In her letter she said the impact of the disaster, which killed 72 people, could be “wide-ranging”.
She added that residents who lived near the site were unlikely to be at risk.
In the letter to NHS chief executive Simon Stevens, the coroner wrote that “real concern” had been expressed for the health of survivors, especially children.
But she said she’d been told no physical health screening programme had been put in place for survivors.
NHS England said its staff had provided “extraordinary care” to residents on the night of the fire and in the months afterwards, including mental health care. It promised to respond to the letter within 56 days.