A Birmingham-based asbestos removal company has been fined for failing to meet health and safety standards.
Enviro-Safe was found guilty of failing to protect employees from the spread of asbestos fibres at Birmingham Magistrates Court.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found the business did not adequately assess the risk involved with the removal of asbestos material.
Envrio-Safe Ltd, of Stratford Street North, pleaded guilty to a breach of Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. It was been fined £16,000 and ordered to pay costs of £7731.13.
HSE inspector Amy Kalay said:
“Exposure to asbestos fibres is extremely dangerous to people’s health and the company had a total disregard for this when they failed to prevent the risk to their employees.”