A frustrated family of four say they have spent the whole of the coronavirus lockdown living in two bedrooms after asbestos was found in their home.
Simone Jones, from Northville in Cwmbran, says she has had “endless problems” at the Bron Afon property in Orchard Lane where she lives with husband Andrew and their sons Kai and Jak, eight and four.
Mrs Jones, aged 29 – who is partially disabled due to a condition which means she has difficulty walking long distances and has to spend a lot of time at home – said she feels “depressed” as a result of having to stay there during lockdown.
“The housing association said they’d get it done when they visited in early March. They took samples and confirmed it was asbestos, but I’m now in June and we’ve spent months upstairs.
We’re prisoners in our own home. I am scared for my children’s health and it’s not fair.
As if that wasn’t enough, the family has also had to contend with leaks in their bathroom.”